Monday, August 11, 2008

It has been too long since my last post. The pigs are really growing now. I think they should be ready by winter to slaughter. They are amusing animals to watch. I have added another Mama pig with 8 babies and the white Mama has had 4 babies. Needless to so I am over my head in little baby pigs. I decided that I will keep a few and give a few away to some folks. It has been a real joy growing these animals. It is going to make for a fattening winter with all this bacon and sausage floating around.

I decided to go a different route in the future. I am going to pick up some registered Berkshire hogs from a man in Georgia. The Berkshire hog is the best in the business when it comes to pork flavor. I look forward to grabbing them when I get back from my Alaska trip with my Dad.

Here are some pics...





No comments: